The Great British Stag henceforth referred to as “we” “The Great British Stag” or “TGBS” or “The Company” is committed to protecting your privacy, and takes its responsibilities regarding the security of customer information very seriously. This policy explains how we use customer information and how we protect your privacy.
- Use of customer information
Information required to process your booking
We require certain information to allow us to handle your enquiries and process your booking. This can include, for example, your name, address, telephone number, and email address, as well as your credit or debit card number and expiry date. We also reserve the right to know all the names and ages of the other persons in your group and should they wish to receive copy documents, with your permission we will require their email address.
This information allows us to handle your enquiries, process your booking, send your itinerary as confirmation of your booking by email or post and keep in contact with you from the first time you make contact.
You can also opt for us to remember aspects of this information – your address for example – so that next time you want to make a booking, we already have some details on file. We may also use and analyse the information that we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business.
The information that you provide to us will be held in our systems, which are located on our premises or those of an appointed third party who will be based within the EEA. We may also allow access to your information by other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you.
See below exactly how we use your data.
Email marketing and feedback
When you pass us your email address, with your consent, you will be added to our marketing database which we use to advise of special offers and new packages or destinations. In addition on your return from your holiday we will contact you by email for feedback.
Occasionally we ask you to email us with, or we may contact you to obtain, your opinion on a particular subject. We may publish a selection of these comments on our web site. However, if you advise us that you do not wish to have your comment and name published, we will not do so.
Please note your email address and all other personal details will never be passed to a third party for their marketing purposes.
You can opt out of the email service at any time by contacting us.
- Site tracking
We use tracking software to monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the site to better meet the needs of visitors to our websites. This software does not enable us to capture any personally identifying information. More can be read about the specific cookies in section 6.
- Security to protect your information and data retention
As required by the UK Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
In the circumstances set out in this policy where The Great British Stag passes your information to a third party, we will ensure that the security measures that such party has in place in relation to the processing of your data are at least as stringent as those employed by The Company. This does not apply where we are required by law to pass your information to a third party.
We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
- Disclosure to third parties
The Great British Stag does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. We never disclose information about a passenger to any other person or organisation without your consent unless there is an emergency situation that requires it or we are legally required to do so.
The Company reserves the right to pass some of your information on to trustworthy third parties that we use for the provision of certain normally for administrative purposes and/or to facilitate your enquiry and/or booking. Please note that any postal addresses, email address or any payment details passed to us by you will not be forwarded to third parties without your express consent excepting the following: where The Great British Stag passes personal data, which includes information about your method of payment and flight booking, to the credit or debit card company that issued the card with which you made your booking.
Where you have consented to receiving marketing information about The Great British Stag, your information may be transferred to, processed, and held by, a third party who will be responsible for making such communications to you on our behalf. The third party will not be allowed to use your information for any other reason unless approved by you. If at any time you withdraw your consent, we will ensure that this third party no longer retains such data about you.
- Your consent
In using the thegreatbritishstag.com web site, you consent to the collection and use of this information by The Great British Stag in the ways described above.
When you use our website we want to make it easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, this could be your computer or smart phone. These include very small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a Name and email address so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using the site, so they can be made easier to use
- analysing anonymised data to help us understand how people interact with our website so we can make the experience better.
Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the site to operate and will have already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but please note that parts of the site may not work.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
There are two types of cookie you may find when using thegreatbritishstag.com :
First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide information about usage of our site.
Third party cookies: these are cookies found in other companinternet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Facebook or Google Analytics have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
First party cookies
We use some first party cookies, we’ve listed below the cookies on the site.
Thrid party cookies
Listed below are the third party cookies on the site and more information on them.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
More information can be found here.
Facebook Social Plugin embedding Facebook content.
More information can be found here.
If you sign up to receive newsletters from the site we will use the information you give us to provide the service(s) you have requested. We may occasionally contact subscribers to help us evaluate and improve the service that we offer.
- Linking to another site from The Great British Stag site
Our website contains links to other sites. We do not take responsibility for the privacy practices within any of these other sites. You should be aware of this when you leave the The Great British Stag website and we suggest you read the privacy statements on other websites you visit.
9. What personal data do we collect and how do we use it
Most importantly, we DO NOT sell your data. It is for our use only to process your booking and help you organise a great weekend away.
When do we collect your personal data?
• When you visit any of our websites, and submit an enquiry
• When you call us to make a telephone enquiry or confirm a booking
• When you create an account with us via the MyOrchidWeekend system
• When your group leader adds you to the MyOrchidWeekend system
• When you engage with us on social media.
• When you contact us via our ‘[email protected]’ email addresses
• When you fill in any forms on the website. For example, the ‘send to a friend’ functionality or ‘Sign up for newsletters.
1. What sort of data do we collect?
• If you have an account on MyOrchidWeekend system with us: your name, date of birth, billing/delivery address, email and telephone number. For your security, we’ll also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
• If you fill in an online form or make a telephone enquiry we will store you name, email address and phone number.
• Payment card information. Not the full details are stored, only the last 4 digits of the card. Card payments are processed by Sagepay who store the details should we be required to refund a card payment.
• Your interactions on newsletters, so when you open it, if you forward it, if you click on links.
• Your comments and product reviews.
• Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, so Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
2. How and why we use your data
The main reason we store your details is so we can help you organise a great weekend away with your friends. Holding your data allows us to contact you in the best way possible when processing your enquiries and bookings.
We also use your data to look for trends and opportunities to improve our products and services. When we’ve created new products and services me may contact you to let you know about them and to see what you think. If you don’t want to receive this then you have the right to remove yourself (see the ‘What are your rights’ section below), however removing yourself may mean you won’t be able to use certain services. For example if you remove yourself from the MyOrchidWeekend system you won’t be able to make payments towards your weekends.
Here’s how we will use your data you’ve given us.
• When you fill in an enquiry form on any of our websites you’re email address, name and phone number will be added to our database. We’ll us your number to call you if we have any questions, or email you with a quote.
• If you ask to be added to our mailing list your email address will be added to a database so you get our next newsletter email.
• When you fill in a ‘Send to a friend’ form, you and your ‘friend’ will be emailed a link automatically based on the package you wish to share.
• If you have an account on MyOrchidWeekend we will send you email such as payment receipts, booking confirmations, payment reminders.
• We will use your payment details via Sagepay, who process our card payments to take your payment for the weekend.
• We add our customers to our newsletter database so we can inform you of any changes to what we’re doing, ie terms and conditions, and to let you know about new products and services. You have the right to unsubscribe from this list.
• When you call to make payment we will add your card details via Sagepay portal to take payment. We do not store all your card details.
• We may need to send you physical elements in the post, like spa vouchers or entertainment packs, so we will use your postal address for this.
• Some of our suppliers will request some of your details like name and mobile number so they can contact you if there are any problems on the weekend. We will let you know if this happens.
How we protect your personal information.
We know that your data and personal information means a lot to you so we do everything we can to keep it safe.
Your data is stored using ‘https’ on our website which is a secure technology required to hold sensitive data.
Access to all your personal data is password protected and sensitive data like card information is secured by SSL encryption.
We are constantly looking at the security of our online systems.
How long do we keep your data
Any of the personal data we keep is only kept as long as we require it to process your requests and any legal requirements we have.
Do we share your data with any third parties
We do not sell your data. The only parties who may be give your contact details are suppliers such as hotels and restaurants who may wish to contact you directly to inform you of any changes or updates to your booking.
What are your rights over personal data.
You have the right to know what data we have on you. Here’s what you have the right to request.
You can ask to see what personal data we hold on you.
You can ask us to correct any personal data which isn’t correct or is incomplete
You can request us to stop direct marketing to you
If you wish us to contact us about this you can contact us via post and the address is 14 Whiteladies Road, Bristol, BS8 1PD or email [email protected]
We will review any request made and act accordingly unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
How do I remove myself from your marketing database
If you wish to stop receiving marketing emails (direct marketing) then you can remove yourself in a couple of ways.
Firstly you can click ‘unsubscribe’ on any email communication that we send. This will automatically remove you from any future emails.
You can email us at [email protected] and we will manually remove you.
Please note, it can take up to 48 hours to remove you from email communications.
If you have any questions please write to us on either of the below options
Orchid City & Spa Ltd. 14 Whiteladies Road, Bristol, BS8 1PD.
We hope all this information helps but feel free to contact us with any concerns or questions you may have.
The Great British Stag Team
0800 234 6265
TEL: 0800 234 6265
EMAIL: [email protected]
HQ: 14 Whiteladies Road, BRISTOL, BS8 1PD
MON-FRI 9AM - 5PM